Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Bars

Last night's adventure was trying to bake something with ingredients I already had so it's a good thing this recipe was so simple.  Admittedly, I did burn the bottom of the pan and have to spend 20 minutes scrubbing it so that was a bit of a mistake but I think the finished product turned out pretty well!  

Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups easy oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter

Directions:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low-medium heat.  This is where my mistake started because I had the heat way too high.  Don't do that.
- Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar and vanilla and stir.
- Once combined, add the oats and continue to mix for a few minutes to allow the oats to cook.
 

- Remove oat mixture from the heat.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl and melt together.
- Combine oat mixture with chocolate and peanut butter mixture and pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
 

- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars and enjoying.


1 comment:

  1. I'm up for anything that is chocolate! this is great, thanks for sharing, I have got to try this soon.

    http://simplythoughtsandthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete