Friday, March 27, 2015

Momofuku Cookies

Someone gifted sweet Kathleen from work this ready to rock and roll mix of Cornflake-Chocolate Chip-Marshmallow cookie mix from Momofuku Milk Bar.  It's been 4 months since the gifting and the mix remained in the tin because, as it turns out, no one has a giant stand mixer in their tiny New York kitchen.

Since it is sweet Kathleen's birthday on Monday, I decided to try my luck at mixing these bad boys by hand for her breakfast party this morning.   Cookies for breakfast always and these had cornflakes in them so they are a food group.

I took a risk and softened the butter for 30 seconds in the microwave because my feeble wrists just couldn't mix the cold butter!  It worked out pretty well, though.  After I chilled the dough for an hour, I plopped them on the cookie tray and they looked pretty much like cookie dough should.  Then, after baking for 15 minutes, they looked TOTALLY like cookies should!

Not too shabby, right?  I found out you can buy the mixes here and now I'd like some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment